The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, February 16, 2009

All the Flannel Gowns are Finished

On Saturday, I made a pink nightgown in honor of Valentines day. And finished a purple one almost completely. On Sunday I cooked Spaghetti sauce, chili, and macaroni, ground beef and tomatoes. then today I went over, finished the purple nightgown and cut out and sewed completely the green, which is the last of the flannel gowns. It feels good to be done with them. And 6 of the cotton have been washed and the first 2 cut out. I can stack and cut all of the rest at once since it will not be the really thick flannel that could only be cut in 2 or 3 at a time. So one more cutting session and then I will be finished with the cutting.

I got the pink nightgown on Valentines day, a gift from me. Sierra on the other hand got a big red teddy bear holding a red heart, taken out to dinner, and a dozen pink roses. Which are just lovely. I think I need to get some pointers from her.

I am taking tomorrow off. And going to odd Tuesday, even though I do not have a dentist appointment. I will go over to the studio for part of the day and then take off for Louisville. To heck with the cost of gas!

I am upset with myself because I have been knitting the cuff to cuff and intended to be working on the backs, but actually have been working on one back and one front, so now I need to get the other back to where the first one is so that I can pin them together and try it on to see if it is wide enough.

So off to watch a movie and knit on the sweater.

Aren't Sierra's roses lovely!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Viki said…

    Can't wait to see you it has been ages!
    Flowers and dinner...gee I didn't know she had a boyfriend!
    Wow.

    Viki

     

Post a Comment

<< Home