The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Small Progress

Yesterday, I got the toes of the Dk Blue Guy Socks done, this has woolly nylon for reinforcing thread, which I like a lot because it virtually disappears.

And I got 6 rows of blue in one half of the cuff to cuff, after sewing up both sleeve and side seams. That put paid to the ball of manos I was using so I went and got another one out of the bag, and wound it up. Tonight if I watch TV I will knit the blue stripe on the other side. This project is not a carry around project as it is just too big.

The sweater for Mark would not normally be a carry around either, but, the Saab dealership has a workroom available with comfortable chairs, and desks so I can spread out the yarn and charts to work on it while I am there. And if the car gets done before time to pick up Sierra, I can go to The Panera bread down the street from her school, and have lunch and spread out the charts there, until time to pick her up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home