The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Studio

Mom moved to Virginia to live with her sister. We bought her house. I am turning it into a studio.

There are still a lot of piles of stuff that needs to be gone through and organized. But I am getting things done day by day.

This is the master bedroom which houses the serger on its table, and the sewing machine on its table, a thread tree in the corner. And a very messy table which will have the ball winder and the Passip Vario but right now has nightgown pattern pieces.

A week or so ago Sierra put 2 of my hand knit sweaters into the dryer, resulting in felted, too small sweaters. With nothing to lose I simmered them for 45 minutes in vinegar solution, spun the water out in the washer, and stretched them out on the bed to dry, they look better, we will see when they are dry. (It is hard to type with your fingers crossed!)





1 Comments:

  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Viki said…

    OMG!
    When Dave put my fav pullover in the wash it fit Mariah. She was 3.
    Not a size 3 her age was 3. She wore it as a jacket for 2 years.

    my fingers are crossed for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home