The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Sunday, January 04, 2009

I Can Has Smooshy!

If I can keep Sierra from felting it before I get it knitted.
She does not like pink but she sure likes to pet this. I got this at ThreadBear when I took the girls up to Louhelen Baha'i School the weekend of my birthday. ThreadBear used to be my "local" yarn shop, (only 1 hour 15 minutes away or so) and I loved Matt and Rob, then they decamped to Michigan. And this was my first trip, but since we had to go through Lansing, and it was lunch time, we stopped. And I actually saw Smooshy in person for the first time, and I got me some.

I also got some yarn to do Hey Teach! from Knity,
and some Meilenweit Mega Boot Sock yarn, for guy socks. We also got the Alpaca for a sweater for Sierra from Vogue fall (I think) can't find it right now, and the camera batteries died just as we were photographing that one, so next time..

And I indulged in WEBS after Christmas sale and got more Smooshy, (don't tell Sierra) and a bunch of the Cascade socks for guy socks.

When we were cleaning up and going through things I found the Knitpicks options sock needles, 2 of my favorite type of needle holder and a sock, (a guy sock) in progress. I have been looking for those needles, and finding a started sock was just a bonus. So the first 2 guy socks are started and the third. (and I guess the fourth since I have the Boot Sock in hand) is picked out.

No way I will finish these before the other guy sock yarn gets here, but I know now that I have all the yarn so I can just finish one and start the next.

And Megan called last night and said that she needs her sewing kit! She is sewing again!! I have triumphed! I suppose taking up knitting again is too much to ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home