Sierra's Birthday Sweater finished
I made the adjustment of not leaving the edge of the fronts higher than the back, I decreased until they met. Which made a smooth V-neck opening. I used all of 8 and pat of the 9th (of 10) balls of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran, and did have some nervous moments about having enough yarn, since this was closeout yarn from Elann I knew that there was no more. But I had enough, so all is well.
Now I am starting the Flowers and Bugs cardigan from A Garden Stroll by Lori Ihnen, which my friend Viki pointed out to me in Half Price Books, and which was a whopping $3.00. There are at least 2 designs in there which will find their way onto the needles.
I ordered all of the yarn for this sweater and the 2 sweaters for Mark and Caleb from Webs about 2 months ago. Caleb's back and sleeves are finished. Need to get the Lizard done. He is getting the same sweater that I made for Mark last year. And Mark gets a Raccoon.
Anyway when I got all the yarn out to start I realized that I had only gotten one of the greens and I needed another (darker) green in a fingering weight superwash yarn.
I thought to myself...Self you have a lot of sock yarn... Sock yarn is superwash fingering weight yarn, go through the Sock Yarn Stash. So I did, but there was no green. Then I tried on line to find some dark green fingering weight yarn. But Mom came over and wanted to leave for town early, so I just left the window on the computer and went to town, figuring that I would finish when I got home. When I was driving down the hill to town, I suddenly thought, "Hey I have about 5000 yards of Henry's Attic superwash sock yarn, and I have green dye, and I know what to do with it..." So this morning......I dyed. And as soon as it dries I can continue with my sweater.
See the very green yarn.