The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fifth Fast Sweater Finished

Say that 5 times fast. This is going to be all of the Fast sweaters for a while at least. It is too hot to have the really warm stuff on my lap, so I will cast on some mittens for the charity knitting.

I ordered the yarn for sweaters for the grandchildren, from Webs, so that should be here soon and I can get started on those. I hope to get the backs and sleeves of the boys, sweaters done before Mom and I leave but that may not be possible, in which case I will take them with me.
I used a seed stitch border on the hood because you can't see any design, and it overlaps which should keep it around the face and on warmly without need of drawstring. It is soft and fuzzy and very very warm.

Once that was finished I got out the Trip Trap I started early last year, and ripped out the fronts. The sweater
is made of all of these short pieces of yarn so I wanted to have a way of knowing which yarns went into which stripe, So I got out the snack baggies, (since I have a lifetime supply) and a black marker. I labeled the baggies L-1 through L-6 and R-1 through R-8, (because I finished the right side and most of the left before I actually checked against the back and realized that I had changed gauge, (probably changed needles) then as I ripped out, each of the 4 colors of each stripe went into the corresponding baggy. Now if I can avoid losing the baggies, (they are all in a larger baggy) maybe I can get this finished. I would like to be able to wear it this year.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Kary said…

    BEAUTIFUL sweater!! It is truly lovely! WOW - great job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home