The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Friday, April 18, 2008

You Put Your Right Sleeve in,...

You Put your right sleeve out... but watch out when you start shaking it all about and don't drop the needles or stab anyone. Today, while supervising students watching a movie, I finished the first sleeve to the cuff, and then worked on a sock because I had nether the cuff needles or another pair of needles to pick up the other sleeve. I did, however, cut the steek, to the wide-eyed amazement of several students. They are pretty impressed that not only can I knit the pattern, but with a yarn in each hand and without looking at what I am doing. It never ceases to amaze them that I can watch what they are doing and knit at the same time. I keep telling them that if they would practice something for 50 years, they, too, will get pretty good at it.

So tonight I will get out the appropriate size needle and knit the cuff, and then tonight or tomorrow I will pick up the left sleeve, I may have it finished for Harlot. 11 days until Harlot.

I should get a fair amount of knitting done in the next week or two, because yesterday we put Bob, (the Step-father) back into the hospital, and he goes to a nursing home on Monday or Tuesday, so I will be taking Mom down for visits. And she has a doctor's appointment on Friday.

In 24 years I will be where Mom is (in age) and I really hope that I have not gotten as frail mentally as she has gotten, it is scary to watch her lose track of things, and not be able to follow a thread and it has happened pretty fast, so I hope it is just the stress of dealing with Bob.

She sounds much stronger this afternoon, even though she said that she had done 4 loads of laundry today. Which is more than she usually gets done. I hope it is the stress. Because if it is not we will have to figure out what to do about her, next. And I wonder what will happen to me in 25 years.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home