The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Journey

In which our heroine's mother attempts to kill her.

Flew to Florida, every plane was packed, and over booked and the gate attendants were begging people to take a later flight in exchange for a free ticket, round trip to anywhere in the US.

I did not take the bait this time, I have in the past on the trip home because then I could call and tell Carl to pick me up later and he doesn't mind driving after dark but my mother does, so no free ticket.

On the flight to Charlotte, NC, during the 2 hour layover, and the flight to Tampa, FL , I worked on the Fair Isle sweater and got a fair amount done. Got it almost to the armhole bind off before I got to Florida. Once I got there I worked on the Socks That Rock monkey socks in the Rock Star colorway, and got them finished before we left Florida, in spite of trying to cough my lungs out. The dry airplane air cough, that I arrived with, just kept getting worse and worse, it improved when we went anywhere, (not usual by any means) but kept getting worse in the rented mobile home, to the point that I started waking up in the middle of the night wheezing. The day before we left I mentioned to Mom that I did not know why I was having so much trouble, and she said, " It's the mold. Those two white chairs in the living room," (where I was sleeping by the way, (the room not the chairs)) "The backs of the cushions are covered with mold." Thanks Mom, really!

Before we left I cast on a sock in Lucy Neatby's Celestial Merino Dreams Sock Yarn in the Fiesta colorway. The socks look like they are two different yarns but there seems to be long runs of one and then the other, we will see as I go on. I hope to get the Fast sweater up to the shoulders in the next day or so, and cut the steeks, to start the sleeves. I am really enjoying the color work and see more of this soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home