The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I do, however, know when I will be back again...

So what have I accomplished before I go, the Fair Isle Lakota Sweater is about 1/2 to 2/3 up the body of the sweater. So finish the body, (I have this planned for the plane ride), then pick up around the armseye and knit the sleeves down to the cuffs, which I will change to 2 color sideways garter stitch to get the stretch that corrugated rib lacks. At least that is the plan.

Then there are the Monkey socks that have languished since I finished Lori's socks. I have only done a row or two on them since I started the Lakota sweaters and they need to be off the needles. These will be finished when I am sitting around with Mom and Bob talking to me. So should be finished pretty quickly once I am in Florida. I fly out on Monday, and will be back around the first of April (it depends on when Bob gets finished with his doctors' appointments).

One of the Monkey socks is about to get it's top ribbing, and the other already has its waste yarn in place so only needs its leg and top ribbing.

I have the pattern printed and the yarn organized for the 4th sweater which I want to finish even though the fast is over. We'll see how much knitting time I get while I am gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home