The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Sunday, April 13, 2008

4th Fast Sweater


Yes I am aware that Fast is long over, well recently over anyway, but I really want to finish the sweaters that I planned, and I want to get them finished before it becomes so warm that the knitting is really uncomfortable. The 3rd sweater is on its sleeves and since the rows are short I must pay closer attention to the charts, so I cast on the 4th which is a blue stripe sweater, for some mindless knitting.


The sweater is striped because I don't have enough of any of the blue yarns to do anything but baby sweaters and while baby sweaters are fine things, there are lots of people willing to knit the baby sweaters and few willing to knit for the bigger kids so that is what I want to do.

Last night I cast on the sleeves and knit the rib of the first one, then I will work the sleeves as I work the body, (med blue stripe on body, med blue stripe on both sleeves, etc.) until I get to the underarm and then join and work a raglan striped yoke. At least that is the currant plan.

But today I will sit and watch tapes and work on the fair isle sleeve maybe even finish the first one.

Later.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Viki said…

    Love the needle colors!

    You are a good woman to knit something other than baby stuff for charity

    Viki

     

Post a Comment

<< Home