The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sweaters Sweaters everywhere

I have finished the Fourth Fast sweater, and found yarn for a fifth, so started that the other day, since the mindlessness of the stockinette stitch seems to be easier to get done than the fair isle when I am running with Mom and sitting with Bob. We are spending a fair amount of time at the nursing home, these days. For the Summer months we will be doing mittens but first I must finish the sweaters, before it is too hot to hold them on my lap.

But yesterday I played hooky and took off with the rest of the Odd Tuesday Group, and went a-Harloting.

The Barnes and Noble in Carmel by-the-Corn Indiana pulled out all the stops and we had a great time. There were silly signs.

And welcoming ones.


We showed off our first socks, that pair is 35 years old. (And how fat we are)


And We got our pictures taken with Stephanie. That is(right to left) Cindy, Stephanie, Me, Viki, and Andrea. The pictures are all from Viki's camera and were either taken by her or the cute Barnes and Noble Employee who shall remain nameless, but he took a lot of shots for people, with their cameras. And he showed everyone just how FAT I am! Thanks nameless B&N employee!

The Odd Tuesday Group had a great time. We should do it again, soon.

And now that shawl I am wearing in the pictures is off to Alaska with Andrea, who promises to show it a great time.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger marni said…

    hey anita, the sweater with the right sleeve is totally incredible. We will be staying at the Country Hearth Inn, 308 Demaree Dr.
    Madison, tel. 812 273 0757

    send me an email and all give you my cell phone #. Generally we are done with evening meal and map/route meeting by 7:30 so......

    marni

     

Post a Comment

<< Home