The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Friday, January 02, 2009

First Socks

Today is January 2nd. Yesterday I straighten the studio, because the boys moved most of the stuff out of the house into the studio, but it was just* pick it up, put in the van, drive over, take out of the van, walk into studio and put down, repeat from *. So yesterday morning Christopher went over with me and we cleared out the living room, and the stuff off of the bed. Then yesterday afternoon Sierra and I went over and cleared out the bedroom. So there is a guest room, and a bath, that is available for guests. The living room has a recliner, some folding lawn chairs, and a working TV and radio.
While moving stuff around Sierra and I found yarn for the first 2 pair of gift socks, for Carl's and Mike's birthdays.

Then I came home, threw dinner together, and sat and started a pair of socks, witness the red toes above.

I have been trying to figure out how I am going to get the stash photographed and entered into Ravelry because some already is, and some isn't and there is no internet connection in the studio, so I had a vision of going over, taking a bunch of photographs and running over here, to try to match them to the ones I already have.

So this morning, I started playing with Ravelry, and lo and behold, you can tell Ravelry to make a list, which you can then print out.

So, as soon as I get dressed, (sitting here in my nightgown) Sierra and I are going over to inventory the yarn stash and pile the un-entered stuff in the back room. Then we will set up the table for taking pictures and start recording the rest of the yarn. Some of which may hit the blog since I have indulged in some retail therapy recently. Forgive me Knitsibs, for I have shopped!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home