The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Last Finished Object of 2008

Christopher's Christmas socks were Kitchenered this morning, since I find daylight quite helpful.

So the totals for the year are:

1 shawl
10 pair of socks
1 hat
1 pair of clogs
3 gift sweaters
5 charity sweaters
3 charity mittens

1 dress sewing - not knitting


I feel like this is not as much as I usually make, but that was quite a few sweaters. I expect that I will finish more next year because I am going to spend the next few days getting a studio set up. And hopefully having a place to get away by myself with my stuff organized will foster greater productivity.

I need to get the sweaters for the boys finished quickly.

And I am going to get 8 pair of guy boot socks put together into zip-locks so that I will be able to finish one pair and grab another to work on without even thinking about it.

I also want to bundle yarn with patterns and needles, to make it easier to get a new sweater started.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Viki said…

    I finished a pair of socks just last night.
    I have no idea what I finished.
    But just this month I have knit 2 pair of socks and 3 cowls. Nov. was a sweater and 2 scarves, and finished that pi shawl.

    I feel like I knit a lot, but I didn't keep track. This year I will!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home