The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Saturday, December 27, 2008

I feel Better Now

I have been in a low mood as it had become apparent that the granddaughter really needed to be moved upstairs. And the upstairs bedroom that Christopher was not in had been a sewing room, which had become unusable because of things being stored in there. (it was a lot of fun trying to get to the sewing machine to steek the sweater for Rayne...not!) And while I knew it needed to be done, I was somewhat grumpy about it because I need new nightgowns, (you can read through the ones I am wearing) and I could not see how I was going to get that done.

Well Mom decided to move to Virginia and live with her sister, since I wouldn't abandon my family and move in with her. So we bought her house from her. And now I have a studio.

Christmas both Christopher and Chase were home so after the big breakfast that Sierra and I fixed, and opening presents, I ask them to start the moving process. Chase went right to work and Christopher pitched in a while later. They got all of my stuff moved over to Mom's. And they brought my dad's lift chair back into the living room, off of the back porch, so I have a recliner to sit in. And all of my sewing tables, and machines. And 2 of the knitting machines, and a whole bunch of stuff piled everywhere. There is a lot of cleaning, and organizing to be done, but once it is organized I will be able to go over there and sew or work on other things, and get away from every one, for a little alone time. So all is well that ends well.

Chase and Christopher also helped get all the heavy stuff upstairs and Sierra has taken all the light stuff up to her new room. So every one is happy. Or at least most everyone.

I got 3 of the 4 pairs of socks finished for the guys, and gave Christopher a bag with 3 balls of yarn and a "some assembly required" tag, he promptly threw it back at me saying, "I am returning this to the factory" so I told him I would finish them before New Year.

Mike got the blue socks, and Carl got the red socks, and Chase got the blue and pink socks, he loves pink so he was really happy about that. He also brought home some brown socks that I made him for repair, it seems that the dryer had taken a bite out of the top of the socks. So I fixed them on Thursday evening, and he wore them to work on Friday.

Off now to finish Christopher's socks.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home