The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Saturday, January 10, 2009

There be Nightgowns here

I finished the first 2 nightgowns. Lovely Flannel Nightgowns, in white with tiny pink roses on one and tiny blue roses on the other. Don't they just look all warm and nightgowney And they fit the way I wanted them to fit. except for a tiny bit of tightness in the biceps, so in the next ones I will add a bit to what the pattern has through there. The other thing that is not perfect is that the side seam pockets add a bit too much bulk when loose and since this is fixable after the fact, I will take them back to the sewing machine and top stitch the curve of the pocket, so that they remain straight which will fix that small annoyance.
They were finished on Thursday. Then yesterday I spent the day running around doing
errands in town.

Lately I had been doing the shopping one store at a time, when I would be in town. But we needed too much, NOW, to do that yesterday so I did all of the shopping, (except the bulk food store, which will wait, and a Costco stop which will take place on Tuesday, when I am in Louisville).

I am getting too old for all day shopping, or I need to start using the riding carts where they are available, because my back and hips cannot take walking on the steel reinforced concrete for hours. And I really wish the stores would stop moving things around. I never did get the beets.

So today I am spending in the recliner, knitting socks and watching the tapes that have been recorded in the last week or so.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home