The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, January 05, 2009

More Shopping

Last time I went to the dentist, I was early, and not wanting to pay for more parking than I had to, I was forced to stop in to Grinny Possum, which while it sounds like some weird pet store, is really a yarn and fiber shop.
As luck would have it, when I walked in Ann was putting up new Treking XXL sock yarns, and I succumbed, hard! These 3 lovely balls accompanied me home. I was telling myself that I could use then for guy socks, but now that I have the Cascade on the way, I can steal it all for me. Selfish witch that I am.

And WEBS has sent me a message that my order
is on it's way, so there will be even more sock yarns to show off shortly.

Yesterday, Sierra and I photographed more of the stash and the Ravelry list is up to 224 yarns. Everything that was photographed is entered into ravelry, except for dye lots. When I start pulling all of the yarns out of the bathtub to put them into bins, I will print a copy of the inventory and get the dyelots so I can fill them in.
The only yarn that is left is the stuff over in the yellow mobile home that we use for storage. I will have Christopher start bringing over tubs of yarn so that they can be done. And then I will be able to shop the stash, without leaving the very comfy computer chair. And once the yarn is all in numbered bins I will be able to actually lay my hands on something without spending hours hunting for it. Which is the goal of all this. To be able to actually get my hands on any thing I need without hunting until I am too tired to do anything with it, when I do find it, That Is The Goal!
And with the room in the Studio, I could even put up a quit frame. Dare I hope? We will see.

First I am going to make me 2 flannel gowns, and some cotton gowns that cannot be read through. It is time, the last ones must be 7-8 years old or more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home