The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Socks and Jacket

The sweaters, that were put in the dryer, look like they will be OK. But I need more new sweaters so I dug out the cuff to cuff and started working on it again. I am sewing up the sleeves and side seams so that I can try it on and see how much more knitting I need to do before shaping the neck. I am considering putting a hood on this jacket, we will see. I have plenty of yarn and that deep solid red is alpaca and ssssooooooooo soft.

I like the bright primary colors, they just look happy to me, and it is time to get this done and off the needles, and onto me!

Yesterday I finished putting the 2nd heel in the Birthday socks for Mike. Now to finish the sweater for Mark and both of them can go into the mail.

I am going to gather up all of the pattern, yarn, etc and pack them to take with me on Tuesday, I have to take Sierra in for her first day of school, and my car in for its 150 K checkup.

This evening I am going to cast on the 3rd pair of guy socks for carry around and teaching knitting, so that they will be ready on Wednesday.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home