The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Chase

Today the 7th guy socks will be given to Chase for his birthday. And I started the 8th guy socks on Wednesday, at the dentist. the last cavity was filled then, now 2 more crowns, and a cleaning and I am done for 3 months. I am so looking forward to this because I am convinced that the scheduler for the subs thinks that I am having an affair or something, because every time she calls I am going to the dentist. And Nobody goes to the dentist that much! Oh well, I will accept the complement and let her believe whatever she wants.
Here is the yarn and the start of the 8th guy sock, The last of the birthday socks and I really
need to start the Christmas socks...wasn't I going to get ahead this year? Oh well, I guess the shawls kinda got in the way.

The toes are left over navy, (I think it is opal) and woolly nylon and the socks are some Mielinweit that I got at the Webs end of year sale to do guy socks.

Otherwise I have been working on a swatch for a Central Park Hoodie the Ampleknitters list Knit-a-long. Using some Jo Sharp Silkroad DK in the Paper Rose colorway. According to the pattern I do not have enough yarn but there are multiple balls for sale on Ravelry, in the correct dye lot, so I will decide if I need to buy some of them once the sleeves are finished and I can make some kind of estimate of what I will need.

In House news all of the metal is on the back section of the house, the dormers are drywalled in my bedroom, and the windows are ordered. They started tearing the porch ceiling off on friday. Found multiple wasp nests, and a huge bird nest in the ceiling, and were dropping trash on the fleece on the porch so I went out to cover it up, and found out that they were convinced that it was a pile of old insulation, so I did a fast and dirty explanation of wool processing and spinning, and showed them some roving so that they could see the difference.

I will get some pictures of the inside once Carl finally puts in an appearance.







1 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger bittenbyknittin said…

    We just returned from New England where many houses have roofs like yours and no gutters - helps the snow slide off more easily. BTW, love the socks! Your guys are lucky.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home