The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Sunday, July 26, 2009

No house, just Knitting

There actually has been some knitting going on, I dug out the 2 sock that have been hanging on, forever, and put them into the backpack so that when I reach a stopping place in the other projects I can work on them. Here is the lace sock, only one I need to cast on the other one or finish this one and then do it. I was surprised that I could pick it up and find where I was with very little problem. This is going to the reunion, so I will have something to work on at night after Mom goes to bed, I'll go out and see if there is somewhere to sit in the lobby, when we are traveling she wants to go to bed at 8:00 or so, and really doesn't want a light or the TV on so I need to go somewhere else. I will show the progress on the other ones next time. there has been some. I really don't know why these have not been worked on, I like the pattern, I like the yarn, they were probably just put aside to finish a gift and were not picked up again, after the gifts were finished, (probably because of more gifts). Anyway, their time has come.

Then there is the Candlelight Kimono which has had its ups and downs, but is finally at the sewing up stage, which means that I have successifully finished the knitting, and tonight while watching TV I will start the sewing up, Then the weaving in of ends and the sewing down (with sewing thread) of the end so that they will not work their way out. It is tedious but I have several movies on the DVR so I will sit in my comfy chair and just do it.

And last but not least are the 7th guy socks, which measure 8 inches and are 1 inch too short for my big footed son Chase. So one more inch and I can put in the waste yarn, knit 2 more rows on the foot side, then switch to larger needles, and change to rib all round for the leg.


I started another of the Victorian Romance Shawls (formerly known as the mystery shawl 09), because I had over half of the yarn I started with left, and I am giving the first one to Mom for her birthday. So we will have matching shawls.

But this afternoon I am going to shorten all of the short sleeves on the cotton nightgowns, which go past my elbows and need to not do that.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home