The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One day of House Construction

The contractors came and ripped off the roof. This is what the roof has looked like for months, ever since last fall when the hurricane came through and tore it up.

This is what my bedroom looks like now, the white is attic space that is supposed to have cabinet doors, and 3 different builders have "forgotten" to order them so they never got on, and the ceiling there is 3 feel off the floor.

This is going to be fixed, but not today because it is raining,it is raining outside, and, it is raining inside, in the spare room.
The builder came by this morning and I showed him the water, so he spread another tarp over the one he had covering the roof already. We are hoping it quits dripping soon.

They got all of the shingles and plywood off yesterday. That is the rafters and the drywall that you can see. They are going to cut a hole there tomorrow and put in a dormer. A big dormer that will run almost the length of that side of the house.
Then they will do the same thing on the other side of the house, so my bedroom will have dormers on both sides. then they will move to the front of the house, on the left of the picture and put a dormer in Sierra's room, and then the right side and put one in Christopher's room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home