The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Some Relief from Pink

While the pink spinning is still going on, and I have reached the point to packing some extra roving on the previous bobbins, which were not as full as the latest one. Other things are also going on:

I went clothes shopping, I hate clothes shopping!
And then I came home and washed the new clothes, and cut off all of the pants, except the shorts which are not too long, and the one pair I cheated with and just folded over and stitched down. Here is what was cut off of the bottom of the pants, (note all of the hem seam are still sewed in).

There has been some work on the Candlelight Kimono the back is up to where it gets one more armhole decrease and then the top of the shoulders and neck once the armholes are deep enough.
I have one pair of pants that are hand sewing, (mostly because I don't have matching thread and I can fudge it by hand but not by machine), and then I can settle down with my knitting and finish this up. If I finish tonight then I can sew it together tomorrow, and block it Tuesday. It may or may not have buttons before we leave but I can do that Friday if I need to. I would like to wear it on Saturday but if it is as hot in Georgia as it has been here...That will not happen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home