The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Day 4 More PINK

After 2 more days I am up to 2 inches across. Another 2 days and I will need to start another bobbin, or pack the ones I am using, because I don't have very much roving left.

2-ply? 3-ply? I don't know. As a 2-ply I should have enough yardage to make a large shawl. As a 3-ply, maybe enough for a Rayne sweater, but I only have 1 pound. This is superwash wool, and not of the best quality, I keep picking neps out of the roving.

Still trying to decide. there is no law that I have to ply this as soon as I finish it. I could work on the Shetland because that is small amounts of roving and is to be 2-plied so I only need the one bobbin to do the rest of that. Decisions... Decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home