The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Procrastinating

I'm not much motivated to get anything done, I've already made a list of all the bills (which is just depressing), and filled the pill box for the month. But I just haven't gotten the motivation/energy to start something else. But I can show off my latest acquisition:

I finally finished my collection of Barbara Walker Treasuries. The first 3 are not the new reprints. (I really am old ) So it was time I got the last one, besides it has the Butterfly lace motif that I want to use with the Butterfly stitch from the first to make a sweater for Rayne before she outgrows her love of butterflies.


The Candlelight Kimono has reached the "I'm tired of this and want to knit something else" stage so I am having to force myself to pick it up. Once I have picked it up it is fine and I enjoy the knitting, it is just that I want to work on something new.

I promised myself that once the kimono is at the final blocking stage, (i.e. knitted, sewn up and button loops finished) I can wind the yarn for the Rosy Fingered Dawn Shawl, and once the boy's sweaters are finished and sewn up, I can start studying the instructions, and once the 2 pair of socks are done I can start knitting it along with Sierra's Sweater and also start the swatches for Rayne's. Can't make the pattern for that one until the middle of August, because I need to measure her, which will happen the first of August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home