The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Thursday, May 14, 2009

You Win Some, You Lose Some...

and at the moment every thing is getting rained on.

The Win: There is no lace on any needles here, none! Until Saturday when the first clue to the new Mystery Shawl KAL comes out and I can cast that on.

The Lose: See that yellow/light orange in the picture of the shawl on the clothesline? It really was there, but it isn't anymore. See the blocking picture... That is the color now. I put it into water with wool wash and the water turned blood red. Not pink or light red, blood red! I quickly put the shawl into a dye pot with some vinegar in case the dye had not set properly, and simmered it for 1/2 hour, and then started rinsing again, and rinsed, and rinsed and rinsed, and after 2 days of soaking and rinsing, it finally stopped bleeding. But it was much darker when it stopped.

I like it and Sierra will probably like it too. But it turned out very different from what it was. I have enough of the fingering weight yarn to make a pair of socks, (106 grams). Do I want to? Thinking...Thinking.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home