The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, March 16, 2009

One More UFO Finished

And the UFO pile decreases by one, at least once I weave in all the ends and sew them in with sewing thread, it will. And that will be either while watching TV or sitting in Panera Bread on Thursday(I don't think it will be dry by tomorrow, but maybe) if I have to take Sierra to school this week. (Christopher is on spring break which, naturally does not coincide with Sierra's which is the first week of April).

I really can't tell you why I have not finished this a long time ago, except that it is miles and miles of stocking stitch and I guess I needed several days of headache and tooth pain, to make it difficult to do anything else.

I tried to get a good picture of the short row bust dart it worked really well, even though I changed it from the directions (now isn't that a surprise) to one large set of short rows starting 3 stitches from the edge and progressing in 3 stitch intervals to 3/4 inch from the bust point, and then back out. exactly as a sewn dart would turn out, and in the same location. I have tried it on and allowing for the stiffness of just knitted fabric I think it fits. We will see when it dries.

The next thing out of the pile is either a shawl or Marks Raccoon sweater as either would be a good project to take when I will be sitting for 8 hours waiting for Sierra, I may see if I can find a library, or just alternate in the restaurants near her school, it will be a long day regardless, so a full I-pod and some pay attention knitting is just the ticket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home