The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, March 02, 2009

Pretty Productive 3 day

On Friday I got behind myself with a stick and made me finish the 2nd pocket of the Cuff-to-cuff Then on Saturday morning I wove in the few end and sewed down the pocket trim. Washed and smoothed out to dry on the table.
Here is a picture. And a picture that attempts to show the yarn varieties, (but doesn't really make the grade). And a picture of the pocket, which since it is a in-seam has not much to see. But I like it, it is bright and cheery and warm and cuddly. I have clasps to put on it but Sierra said to leave it as it is and just wear it open, I'll try that for a bit and see what I think.






Then Saturday afternoon I went over to the studio and got to work on the next 4 cotton gowns, and I finished them up on Sunday. So all of the ones I have cut out are done. I need to get over to the storage area to pick out 3 more 5 yard lengths to finish these up. Maybe tomorrow.




See this last one, I love this material, which I have had for 35 years. I have either not found a pattern I liked for it or there was not enough yardage for one I liked, but there was enough for a nightgown and I made it, It is very bright and just makes me happy to look at it. I don't *think* it glows in the dark.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Viki said…

    Yea!!!!
    Can't wait to see it in person.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That is wonderful. Very colourful.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Spike said…

    Lovin' that last nightie! Great use for a bold, bright pattern.

     
  • At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anita!
    that is so pretty! I want to knit a cuff to cuff but I have so many things on the needles. Plus I took Kaity clothes shopping. She pronounced all the clothes this season to be *SO UGLY*. So now I have a spring wardrobe to sew.
    Blessings!
    AJJ

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Woohooo! It's done!
    And it's marvelous!
    Note to self: make one of these!!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Anonymous =Tamar said…

    I love the cuff-to-cuff! The nightgown looks good too - very cheerful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home