The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Unplanned Progress

Last night Sierra came home from spending the afternoon with Mykyll (yes that is how his mother spelled it). Complaining of a injured back. By 9 "Doctor" Reynolds decided that I needed to take her to the ER. On Saturday night, after 9... Oh yeah, that is always fun.

The lines on the picture show where I was when we arrived at the ER, one of them up to the heel start, and the other about 2 inches down from there.

So first I knit the short one up to the heel marker, then put the waste yarn for both heels in, then knit the 2 rows after the heels, then changed the needle size up .25 mm.

After changing out both sets of needles I proceeded to knit up the leg of the first sock, and have it almost to the "half of the length of the foot" point, where I will change needles again, another .25mm larger. So 0 to 1/2 to 1 American sizes.

We got home about 3 AM with muscle relaxers for Sierra, (who is fine by the way) and a load of irritation for me. I slept late this morning, and have accomplished little. But the socks are coming along.

If I had been equipped with extra yarn and needles I could have had several converts last night, because the place was packed and no one was getting out of there without a 5-6 hour wait.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Viki said…

    so what did the dear child do to hurt her back? I know you asked.
    Curious minds and all that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home