The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Fixed It!

Yesterday I unraveled the neckline trim, pulled out the stitches of the back sleeve seam, undid the 3-needle bindoff at the shoulders, and ripped back the back of the sweater to the way too low neckline and picked up the stitches and started back up. Finished the back at a much more reasonable point this morning and joined the shoulders with the 3-needle bindoff, sewed the sleeves back in and knit the neck trim. Then I tried it on. The pictures are terrible, and the bust dart is too high with the old bra I am wearing,(but I just got 11 new ones) so I will be uplifted(sorry) when I leave the house and the dart will fit. And IT FITS! I still have to weave in all the ends
which I will do now, (I am just soooo very glad I did not do it before I blocked and tried on the top).

And on other news fronts I have found 2 people on Ravelry who have the shawl yarn and are willing to sell it, so I will rip the shawl back to the end of Chart 4, (and maybe add another repeat of chart 4, and then use the new yarn as the border, so the dyelot change (if any) will take place at a pattern change and be as unnoticeable as possible.

So now to tink out a border, and weave in ends, let me check my movie list.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home