The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One Step Forward and 3 Steps Back

That last FO... nope will be ripped back to the back neckline, which is too low and re-knit higher with the hope of actually keeping it on my body. The Shawl I have been working on... With 1/2 of the edging to go I weighed the rest of the yarn (I had 20 grams when I started the edging) I have 6 grams left. I looked at Ravelry for stash yarns and found 2 people who have it listed. Sent messages to both offering to buy, trade, give them my 2nd born son, or a firstborn granddaughter...whatever it takes to not have to rip this out and take out the last repeat of chart 4, and re-knit the edging. I think I will go read for a while. I can't mess anything up that way.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Viki said…

    If this is the shawl I am thinking of...yup the edging took a heck of a lot of yarn.
    Beautiful though.
    If you have to rip the edging back, what about doing a smaller edging, less stitches, less yarn.

    Or a solid color in the same weight for the edging.

    Keeping my fingers crossed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home