The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, March 30, 2009

Shawls, Shawls, and more Shawls

Actually there are only 2 here. Some time ago I seem to have gone on a shawl starting binge, so I pulled the Mystery Shawl which became Desert Sun out and found that I had finished chart 3 of 5, so I did 4 repeats of chart 4 and it did not look long enough, (I had to really pull to stretch it out to 25 inches which would have been barely 50 inches in diameter, so I knit another and thought I had enough yarn to finish the edging, halfway into the edging I realized I was 8 grams short. So I went to Ravelry, found people who had this yarn in their stash and sent them a plea for them to part with it. jenjerpeach had some that she would part with so I paypaled her and she mailed it out and it arrived this morning.
The small ball is what I have left after completing
another repeat of Chart 4. And I am considering doing one or 2 more. I can do up to 8 repeats without having to increase again. I may slip it off onto a string and stretch it out before I decide, since I have plenty of yarn now.

While I was waiting I got out Birch From Rowan 34, found my place and have completed 30 more rows. This is lots of fun since every row gets shorter, than the one before. And since this is Mohair and nylon I probably should finish this before it gets too warm.

After I get these 2 done I think that my summer
project will be the Faroese Flower Shawl, in Tiny Toes Summer Fruit, from Interlacements just because I need more pink/fuchsia/purple shawls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home