The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Saturday, July 04, 2009

On Your Mark, Get Set....

The Tour de Fleece starts today, so last night I took some of the bright PINK superwash wool and pre-drafted it what you see balled up there is the last of the pound of PINK that I have. I will sit down and pre-draft that bit later. Once it is pre drafted I put it into the plastic box (that came from Costco with a bunch of disposable razors in it) so that it doesn't compress again.


I have been spinning this for a while off and on and have 2 bobbins full, and had started on the 3rd.

I need to remind everyone (myself) that the goal here is to spin for 1/2 hour or more every day. It is not speed or most spun or anything like that, it is spin every day!

The bobbin I will start with is 1 and a quarter inches across the core at the moment and an empty bobbins is 1/2 inch so approximately 3/4 of an inch of spun yarn. I have no idea if the half hour will show up but I will try to measure after each spinning session to see how much progress shows. It certainly doesn't show by just looking at it.


Once this is finished I may find that Jacob that I have to spin fast and fat, now that gives a sense of progress, but I don't know, I will decide once the end is in sight with the pink.

That is quite pink is it not. Just makes me happy to look at it.

edited to add: after 30 minutes today the bobbin measures 1 1/2 inches so 1/4 inch added today.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger bittenbyknittin said…

    THAT is PINK! I love it! I would love to spin daily but not a possibility right now. Good luck with your goal - I will spin vicariously through you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home