The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Anita Went to Georgia

And came home talking about herself in the third person.

We went to Carl's 40th class reunion. I had a better time than I expected. It was cooler than I expected and it did not rain although rain was forecast for the entire weekend.

I took the last of the pink and really expected to finish it while there, but even though I spun at least a half hour every day, I finished it yesterday after I got home. This is the end of it. I had thought that I would just have enough to do some sampling, but that is a fair amount for just sampling. I suppose I will get the Roberta out and use it for the plying after I play with it to see if I like 2-ply or 3 ply. Any way the pink is at an end.

On to green Shetland.

While in Georgia, I met Clyde Taylor who Carl went to school with, and we talked about sheep, and all things woolly. And the result was that I brought 3 bags of fleece back from GA.

So I could have come home singing Baa Baa Black Sheep, but I didn't (for which Carl was very grateful I am sure).

It is not black wool, I think it is all white, some might be tan but it just might be dirty, we met the sheep it came from, but it is kind of hard to tell...anyway light wool.

The contractor finally arrived this morning, so there is banging, and scraping up on the roof. They are removing the roof, because the guy who did the roof, used thinner plywood than he should have, (probably pocketed the difference, he was like that as it turned out), so all of that comes off and a new roof, with dormers, and a red metal roof is going on. Exciting but we will scarcely be able to move, for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home