The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Saturday, July 25, 2009

House and Spinning

There is a dormer taking shape on the roof of the back part of the house. Next week should see windows and maybe the metal roofing started. The bedroom looks pretty much the same from the inside because they have not cut out the drywall.

So while the banging is going on I have finished spinning the first of the green Shetland, and the spinning time today will be spent on 2-plying it back on itself.

Next week I will leave on Wednesday to drive to Virginia, measure the grandchildren, hug my daughter, and go on to Norfolk, to pick up Mom and take her to the family reunion in Cuba, (actually Friendship) New York. A stop at the cheese factory, then back to Virginia to drop Mom, and back home. Be gone a week. I am taking the computer, whether or not there will be any blogging will depend on how tired I get, and the availability of internet. But by the time I get back there should be great progress on the house.


And maybe even some more on the Green Shetland, since I am taking the spinning wheel as well. Spinning daily is loosening the muscle that gets tight and cramps in the top of my left foot, so it is physical therapy. (That's my story and I am sticking to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home