The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Elementary Hell

For the last 2 days, I have been in elementary hell, (except for a small reprieve this morning when I had 4th and 5th grades for 2 hours each). But yesterday I had Kindergarten and 1st grade. It was awful, I tell you, they can't remember, one little girl confided that she didn't know what bus she rode, after 2 months of school! With the older grades, one can give instructions and get a breath or two before you have to start answering questions, or patrolling to keep order. But with the little ones, you never get a chance to breathe. I have 2 more day of floating so that the teachers can do in-service trainings. Tomorrow and next Friday.

And I am praying for a call from the Jr. Hi or High School to get me out of Elementary hell for a day or two in between. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do early childhood education. But I sure am glad that the fools* are out there.

Elementary school cuts into my knitting time, since I can both walk and watch something other than my knitting, I get a fair amount done while supervising Jr. Hi and High schoolers once I have attendance and instructions out of the way. But with any class below 4th grade there is just no way.

So this is a knitting blog with very little knitting. Should finish the lizard, (which really is doing the tongue thing, thanks to some embroydery, after the knitting is done) this weekend, since I plan to sit with my feet up and watch tapes and knit.

I have gotten one sock up to putting the waste yarn in for the heel and starting the top of the sock, but that is all.

*said with utmost love and respect! Viki!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Viki said…

    LOL!
    And I teach 3 yr olds. At least the K & 1st graders are potty trained. Yeah, I ask myself almost daily what the hell am I doing teaching wee ones. But the thought of a roomful of 13 yr olds gives me hives.

    Viki

     

Post a Comment

<< Home