The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Saturday, September 22, 2007

2nd Sock (for Carl)

Carl's 2nd socks are finished, I used the black yarn for the toes, but still had enough for the heels, even though I was sure that I would not. I am beginning to think that there are people who use a bit out of a ball of yarn and then return it to the store as an unused ball. I am sure that they think they are doing something good (for them) but I have several times (in 50+ years of knitting) gotten yarn that I know was short, (compared to another ball of the same stuff) and I begin to see why maybe yarn shops, (and especially the big box craft stores) should have a no return policy unless they have a scale on site to weigh the returns to check for
shortages.

Any way I have a red colorway selected for the next pair and then I think he can go on the back burner for awhile.

The first pair are in the wash today, so this evening I will get them back to undo the bindoff and add some length to the tops.

On the 2nd pair I added 1 stitch in the purl 2's all the way around, to make k2, p3, at the very top so that they would not bind at the top of the socks, and since I have heard not a word about it I guess he likes it. So that pattern is checked out and goes into the mindless sock knitting archive.

Another thing I did was to write down the sock lengths for every one in the family, in my daytimer, so that I don't have to look up and remember, what size everyone in the family is.

Now to go watch the shows I taped last night and do 2-4 rows on Beadwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home