The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Thursday, September 13, 2007

I May Have Created a Monster


Back story: Years ago, when I got back into sock knitting, and was measuring everyone's feet, Carl(husband) told me NOT to make any socks for him. I have taken him at his word ever since.

But lately he has looked somewhat poutily at the socks for Christopher and Bob, (Son and step-father) every time I finish a pair, so I broke down and made a pair for him, (he did not know it but I already have yarn balled and put together for 2 more pair, depending on his reaction to the first pair).

So the other night I handed him his new socks. He said, "Should I hand these to Christopher?" I said, " Well you can if you don't want them, but I made them for you."
Christopher said, "Yes, hand them to me!" The discussion ensued about how Christopher had lots of socks and he shouldn't be selfish, and Christopher asserting how he did not have enough and did not expect to... and on and on.

Carl started to do his usual thing with gifts, lay it on the table and leave it there for an unspecified amount of time. I mentioned that I needed to know if they fit. Whereupon he tried them on, and is still wearing them, so I need to finish the next pair quickly.

So are Christopher and Carl going to start fighting over socks? The rest of them all wear very different size socks so they won't be involved but Carl and Christopher have the same size feet.

I may have created a/another sock monster. We shall see.

They are too short by about 2.5-3 inches, but I knit until I was running out of yarn, Carl said I could use another color, suggested green, orange, yellow or fuchsia (nobody gets any fuchsia but ME!!!) So I guess after I finish the next pair, I will go back and add a contrasting cuff, probably blue, black or red. I swear the man is colorblind! (He wears boots so the color of the socks really don't matter).

2 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger MaggieB said…

    This sock tale cracks me up!
    Personally I think you should top the socks with fuchsia... :)

    Maggie

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ::chuckle:: great story! I keep threating to make socks for Adrian... we'll see how he likes the fingerless gloves first. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home