The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Friday, July 13, 2007

More Socks

For my Stepfather's birthday I made him some warm socks. held a Regia sportweight medium grey with a fingering weight Milenweit black/grey/white fair isle self patterning and the reinforcing yarn for the heels and toes. Knit on a 2 I think. These should keep his feet warm and therefore the rest of him too. He complains of being cold all the time. Sits around in an insulated vest. And turns the air conditioning off if he gets half a chance.

Next up are some of the Sockotta default socks there is a blue-green multi color sock, and a red/ green/blue multi. and 2 pair of stripes.



The multis are knitted in the default pattern and one of the fair isle stripes is as well. I find this yarn very interesting since I cannot tell what it is going to look like when it is in the ball. I have one pair of Sockotta socks that I had no idea that they were going to stripe and the repeat is almost a whole sock.

The last of this series is a red/yellow/blue stripe in the Monkey socks pattern, at least it is my version of the monkey sock, since it is toe up, and has an afterthought heel and the pattern is upside down because I was too lazy to turn the chart up side down, and just knit it as written. I like them though.

These were all knit on 00 needles for the feet and the tops on 0's for a little extra room for the ankles to swell if they want to. (they often do in summer)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home