The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm Really not Dead

And I haven't even quit knitting but the interesting things have not been worked on. Rayne's sweater was finished and sent and I need a picture from Megan with Rayne wearing it. The Beaded socks were finished and given to Megan for her 30th birthday, and I need pictures of them too.

Otherwise I have finished the back of the Lizard sweater for Mark and started the front but at the moment it is a mass of ends, intarsia not much progress.

So what have I been doing? SOCKS, just socks, socks all the time. I wish i knew why Blogger has decided to turn the pictures sideways... Oh well.


These are the Knit Picks Landscape socks that I finally finished they have a baby cable in the ribbing, knitted on size 0 needles with an afterthought heel.

Knit pick sock yarn in Oriel from Sensational Knitted Socks page 63. knitted on size 0 needles. And I used almost every inch of the yarn. These were a fun knit but I did need the chart all the way through, so not a mindless knit.
These were made in Va Beach at my aunt Helen's house while we were there in May. We stayed with my brother Bob. I finished Christopher's birthday socks there


Next up are my Colinette Jitterbug Socks using size 0 needles and my default toe up 2X2 rib up foot and leg, afterthought heel they are soft and comfortable and fuchsia! What more could one want. The color sorta pools and sorta stripes so the dye was not completely even or my knitting is not completely even or something but I like them, and I will get some more if I see some in a color I like. I got this at Sophie's Fine Yarns in Louisville KY. One of my favorite local yarn shops.

The last time I was yarn crawling in Louisville I went to Dee's Crafts and found some ON Line Cotton in 2 colors I liked. It looks and knits a lot like Sockotta but has more muted colors. These are more pastel than they look in these pictures I don't know what was up with the camera, the light was off or something.

I did one pair in the default pattern and one in Waving Lace from Favorite Socks like sockotta I knit this yarn on 00 needles, to get the sock foot tight enough to be comfortable.

I have been knitting up all the cotton yarn (except the Fixation) because I felt that I was low on cotton socks for spring, summer, and early fall. I have 2 balls of Sockotta left in the stash boxes, and then I will be all out of lightweight cotton. Lots of Fixation left, I need to get some of it out and knit it up to see if I like them. (I have used it I just gave them away.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home