The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Just words no pictures (sorta like reading a book)

The windows program on my computer has been steadily degrading lately so I broke down and re-installed the thing. So now I am re-installing all the stuff that is now broken because Windows is fixed. Bah! You figure it out, I can't.

So I went to the web site for my Olympus camera and looked for the driver I need and after clicking 40-11 buttons, got to the software page to get a "there is no software available for this item" message. Sent them an e-mail and am waiting for the driver so I can download the pictures. Yes, I did find the disk that came with the camera but it only has the driver for Windows 98.

After sending off the request for driver, Mom and I took off for our local gambling den down on the river, where we had a Swedish massage each, a very nice hotel room, and 2 very good meals before coming home today. I got the baby sweater for the people who just moved in across from my Mom, finished as far as the knitting is concerned. Must sew in a zipper once I buy one.
















I sent the 2 baby sweaters that have been done for a while which I have just not gotten mailed. And I stopped at the store and got toilet paper before coming home.




I knit 1 row on Chris's FLAK, and I need a different needle, which I will find tonight. I looked at Beadwork, and it is not a bit farther than it was the last I looked. Where are those darned fairies when you need them anyway?

And to top off the evening I screwed up the 2nd rectangle of the left side of Trip trap so I can rip that out tonight.

I did find some possible yarns for the Grandkids, and think I will only need to buy yarn for Mark's sweater.




Tonight I will pick out the yarn for a pair of socks for Mike, for his birthday, Feb 6.



Mark's birthday is Feb 3 and he has requested Harry Potter, which his Mother has agreed to read to him. I can only see this as a win-win because Megan has not done a lot of pleasure reading, lately, so now her son can keep her on track, and I have gift ideas for at least a couple of years.

I am taking pictures and will pull these up and edit them and put in the pictures once I hear from the camera people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home