The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Progress on projects

Here is the zipper with the flap raised.

The lining is pinned and ready to be sewn in by hand this evening while I watch something on TV, there must be something I want to see.



Here is the makeup pouch tucked into the purse. Almost done here.



Yesterday I received this in the mail. Rayne had torn her ruffle and her dad said that they would just have to throw it away. Setting off major hysterics, so my daughter suggested calling grandma and seeing if she could fix it. So Rayne called grandma (me) and ask if I could fix it. I said I could and here it is. It will be hand gathered and machine sewn. I will reinforce the stitching on the rest of the ruffle while I am at it, and it will go back to Rayne because she likes girlie girl stuff.

she did do quite a job on the ruffle.


While I am hand sewing I might as well sew this in too:


The next thing I need to finish is the Birthday socks for my Uncle Jimmie he is going to be 70 on Nov 19, and his wife is throwing a big party, and I am taking Mom back to Virginia Beach for the party. Mom decided that I should make him some hand knit socks because no one else can give him that (at least not in our family). I am down the leg and past where the heels will go in, (the red stripe is the waste yarn for the afterthought heel)


Caleb's Christmas sweater is coming along nicely. I have the sleeves and back finished and have cast on the fronts, and started the ribbing.





I keep sneaking off and working on things I *want* to knit, instead of the things I have to knit. So Beadwork is down to the underarm on the back and I have picked up the fronts and am working on them.




And Trip Trap gets a half hour or 2 every once in a while, also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home