The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Sunday, October 08, 2006

While I have been dyeing I have not died.


Since I returned from Midwest Masters I have been really tired, so I have been lying in my comfy chair and knitting. While there I modeled the Am Kamin and the FLAKs both mine and Carl's. And the Bloom. Got many complements on them.

Since I have been back (and on the trip up and back) I have been working on Dwayne's spirit sweater. For his birthday Dec 15th.

Right after I got back I finished the saddles for Beadwork, and finally last night felt up to doing the math to figure out the stitch pickup for the back so I can do that today.

I have finished the 3 baby sweaters that I have been playing with off and on. So the 2 that need to be gone can be mailed now. I still need to do one more. Why is the one you have done always the wrong sex? So I can go stash diving to see what other shades of Sunsette I have. Or I can use some of the other stuff There is some baby Ull in there.

I really like this pattern, it zips down the back, so practical.






I have been working on The 3rd FLAK for Chris but the endless (and 22 inches of sleeve really is *endless* believe me) is going slowly. The Bartlett yarn that he picked is beautiful but knitting it tightly is hard on my fingers.

And I have been working on Trip Trap. The back is finished and I have (barely) started the right front.
I am really enjoying working on this, it is not totally mindless and every time I forget that fact it reminds me. But it is not so concentration intensive that I cannot work on it while doing something else.
As usual I am changing the pattern to a modified drop because the drop/dolman design of the pattern does not look well on me, we shall see how this turns out.

And I have begun dyeing again, after a halt while I consulted the company and experienced dyers and thought until my thinker was sore. I finally decided to try soaking the roving in vinegar water, and then placing into the dyepot. And Success! The reds are bright intense and dark. Just what I wanted. Once they are dry I will take some pictures. There is purple in the dyepot today. And I may get the stuff that I dyed earlier and see if I think it needs another trip through the dyepot to get as saturated as the red. I am a happy dyer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home