The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Progress

I did the homework for Midwest Master .
First took the Icelandic Fleece that I had pre-drafted and spun it slow whorl, with high brake, so it is almost unspun but isn't. The morrit was much softer roving and harder to get even than the white, which is really nice and even and dense. I may very well contact the farmer that I got it from and reserve a sweaters worth for next year.


Then I worked on the CIT fronts for a while. ripped back the problem cable and got it knit back up, 10 more rows before I start the decreasing. Fun, Fun, Fun!
Mom and I leave in the morning for NY, and VA so when I get back next Wed night I should have some progress on something to show.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Deborah M. said…

    Hello, I'm here from the Aranknits Yahoo group. This sweater is so pretty, I LOVE the cable ribbing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home