The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, June 26, 2006

Before Mom and I went to Florida the mail came and brought the Spindolyn Bag that I traded a Bosworth mini for. We both thought we got the better part of the trade. I had purchased a Spindolyn and 3 spindles recently and was disappointed that Catherine is no longer making the bags, since I had the opportunity to try one and liked it very much. So when this came up on swap day I jumped on it. I also purchased 4 spindles and got a bag thrown in for good measure.
I have not had a chance to try any of them since I did not take them to Florida with me, but now that I am back I will get a chance to see what they can do.

What I did take was 3 almost sweaters, the sheep, the FLAK and a blue Sampler from last year that got shoved aside, ( I can't tell you why that is) with everything finished up to the armholes. So I finished the top. And the Sheep sweater. And I finished my flak!








Here are the sheep:









And the Blue sweater not blocked:
















And here is the FLAK and even a picture of me in it.

12 Comments:

  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Iris in Iowa said…

    Anita, How beautiful your flack is - and you are in your flack! You've inspired me to dive into the FLAK myself. I've got all the files but haven't even considered beginning it until I saw your finished model. Thanks for sharing!
    Iris in Iowa

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger DeeAnn said…

    That sweater is gorgeous and it looks beautiful on you! Congratulations, I especially like the collar too, very unique. You're so talented, how fun!

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Marji said…

    That's beautiful and fits you so well. Congrats on a great knit.

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful sweaters! What kind of spindles are the 3 on the left? They're so pretty.

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How fun to finish three items. You will be toasty warm this winter.

    Mary

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous knitting! The FLAK--what is it? It's just beatiful, and beautiful on you. cheers from Lisa at blogdogblog.

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Terri said…

    Hi Anita, Your FLAK is beautiful. Love your center cable and neckband. It looks great on you.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Oh Anita, your FLAK is just beautiful and you look wonderful wearing it. I hadn't considered this project, but you've just changed my mind. Thanks very much for sharing with the AK list.
    Ellen

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's totally beautiful, and I like your edge band/collar treatment a lot - so many people are putting creative twists on this sweater - it's very inspiring!

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger ravelling said…

    I love your FLAK; the colour suits you beautifully. I wish I'd been brave enough to join this KAL now :)

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    A 2nd - and me still a FLAK'er Slacker!! I really love the understated shawl collar - it dresses up the finished cardigan a bit.

    Well done!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks stunning on you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home