The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, April 24, 2006

I have been FLAKing my little fingers to the bone. While I was in Florida picking up the parents I worked on C's FLAK and it is done except the edgings, I am waiting for Janet to post her ideas, to see what I want to do.

His Armholes will get a very thin edge. But I don't know what I want to do with the front band.

The sweater actually fits much better than the front looks here but his good treatment for the last 25 years is showing.

His response to my taking pictures is to say,"Look here grandchild here' s a picture of your grandpa.' But he has no head. 'Yes he does but that isn't important. What is important is the sweater he is wearing that grandma made for him!"

He thinks he's funny.

After I got his finished I started working on my FLAK when mom wanted to talk or when we were waiting on meals in restaurants.
Quite a bit of knittingg got done while waiting in line to get into restaurants lately as well.

Here is my FLAK, C's response to this one is you look like you are waiting to get shot, my response is "Well you took the picture!"

When ever I have had a chance to work when I could concentrate I worked on the CIT sleeves, and I am almost ready to decrease for the underarms, doing both sleeves at once.

I recommend air travel, especially if you can fly standby and get bumped to first class and have no seat mate. Except for the attendants being worried I would want a snack of any type or get the slightest bit thirsty (Why they were worried I cannot imagine look back up at me holding my FLAK does it look like I ever miss meals? I ask ya) I got a fair amount done while waiting in the airport and then on the 2 hour flight to Florida.

Once the sleeves are finished I will work on the fronts, both at once. Don't know if I will get a post done before I leave Friday for Masters in The Midwest in Wisconsin, but I should have pictures when I get back.

The next weekend is Maryland Sheep and Wool but I will not be going unless I win the lottery Neither Mom or I won the 83 million Florida lotto last Wednesday but someone did. Oh well maybe I should buy a ticket.

Enough back to knitting.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home