The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, January 30, 2006


Finished! The December/January Six Sox. I had wanted to do something in shadow or illusion knitting so this was a way to accomplish that. I am getting tired of having to rush to finish these by the deadline, but I have made the deadline every 2 months for both cycles now. This picture looks like the bottom is a darker pink, it isn't but it is hard to take pictures of your own feet.

On the other fronts: CIT I needed to redo some of the hearts that I graphed to correct mistakes in the starting rows, I am getting more familiar with the Stitch and Motif Maker software, when I did the charts the first time, once I finished I highlighted by hand but when I did the second one, I used the symbol/color combined feature and got charts that look like this:

The color is only on the wrong side rows, so helps me keep track of where I am, and which way I am going.

Hopefully this will make the whole thing easier, it is getting to be less of a torture to remember where I am and which way I need to be going on the charts.


That brings me to the FLAK I do not want a lot of filler on the back of the sweaters so I have been swatching some other cables to add to the ones that Janet has picked, I put the woven cable that I used on Caleb's Aran in the Cascade 220 swatch, and then swatched the Saxon Braid as well:

So now I can start the backs of the sweaters.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good design!
    [url=http://vvdijhrk.com/accj/sqfp.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://aongoqws.com/vfrm/kjxn.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work!
    My homepage | Please visit

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work!
    http://vvdijhrk.com/accj/sqfp.html | http://rihtuxkk.com/qwod/cnds.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home