The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, January 02, 2006



Oh look here it is 2006 on the Gregorian Calendar and I am not sure where October through December went except that I was as busy as a one armed paperhanger. So now that I have a breathing spell lets see what I have been up to:

I made an Aran sweater for my youngest grandson:

It turned out pretty well I just wish that I would remember that even though I can design a sweater in an hour and a half it takes weeks (in this case 2.5) to knit it.

Other pictures of the sweater for Caleb: This is the back of the cardigan showing the central braid which is not on the front, and the side cables which are on the front. I am particularly fond of this cable. I also like the wide rope with the one purl stitch running up the center. The 4 stitch ropes run up each side.





The neckline picture turned out blurry but you can see the cute mitten buttons in this picture.
Yesterday I spent the day fighting off a cold and knitting the 2nd swatch for the FLAK knitalong

http://www.bigskyknitting.com/FLAK/knitalong.html finished up today and washed it will post a picture of it tomorrow.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger PassioKnits said…

    That is a gorgeous sweater! What a lucky grandson you have!
    Julie

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It's beautiful! Great job at any length, but especially 2.5 weeks!

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    I love the buttons. So cute! they make teh sweater look even more cozy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home