The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, January 23, 2006

I spent the last 2 days playing knitting goddess, "splain Lucy"
Ok when I went to work at the yarn store where I work part time, we had to fill out the employment applications that the employers in the USA are required to keep on file that proves that we are US citizens and not terrorists. (Although it seems to me that real terrorists would have good forgeries, but what do I know) anyway, when I came to the blank which ask the Job title, I ask the owner of the shop what the job title was, her reply "What do you want it to be?" I said, "Knitting Goddess". She said, "fine". So I am the knitting goddess.

We have an annual (this year makes 2) sleepover at St. Ann's convent in northern KY. And one of the games is Stump Anita, but since the people playing the game are not very experienced knitters I am still the un-stumped.

I took the six-sox Standing in the Shadow of Love:

Which I had pretty much decided did not have enough contrast for the pattern to show, since I kept looking at it and could not, for the life of me, see any hearts.

Well I guess what was needed was to actually finish the top patterns because when I pulled it out on Saturday I could actually see the hearts.

I took 2 pictures but I think this is the only one that really shows the pattern.


So there are hearts and I was going to finish the 2nd sock top so that I could do the mindless knitting on the foot of the sock while I am teaching this week.

But, my friend and student, who I got to follow me off the pier without a paddle, did not bring her sock just the CIT sweater, so I spent the weekend with her coaching her through the first 5 rows of the sweater back and knitting a whole 6 rows myself. WOW!! 2 days of knitting 6 rows accomplished I should finish when I am 90 at this rate.

How ever it is starting to jell and we may have found a stick with a slightly broader end if not a real paddle. I may learn to knit in Japanese yet.

Here is what I did:

This is actually the first 12 rows since I knit another row after I got home just to prove I could in less than 1.5 hours.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home