The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Monday, January 16, 2006

I have been working on the Crossed in Translation in between the FLAK. The swatch was really a hat shown here:


The hat went so well that I took the gauge and did some math, and cast on for the back of the sweater. Sailed through the ribbing:

And that is where I hit my first stumbling block working the hat in the round, one uses the charts from the front side for every row, no problem there. Working the ribbing the crosses are all on the right side and one only has to remember to twist the purls, no problem there.

But once you start working all the charts with crosses on the wrong side, which have to be crossed in the opposite direction, and purled or not with the twisted stitches, it became too much to do unless I work in the morning when I am rested. That is a major decrease in knitting time. So last Friday I re-charted the Crossed in Translation to be a "what you see is what you knit" At least that is what I attempted to do, now I am cutting and taping and will scan and reduce to try to get the charts back to front and back of one page.

I am working this morning with the help of # 5 grandchild, since his mother had to work and the daycare is off today for Martin Luther King day. Caleb is presently watching Noggin with very sleepy eyes, not surprising since he got up at 5:45 am.

If he goes to sleep I have a sweater's worth of bottom ribbings done and I will try to sneak up to the knitting room to finish it on the knitting machine, Yes I am putting off trying the charts, why do you ask. Will have to get to it by tomorrow night.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Deby said…

    This is so awesome. Wow! Great work.
    Blessings

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Everything is looking great! I am still waiting for my crossed book to arrive. Betsey sent a link for photos of a Japanese's knitters work from the book. Here's the link if you want to check it out. http://f.hatena.ne.jp/ishi-knit/

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice site!
    [url=http://uwblgdtg.com/ugkk/pnid.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://diohrpqc.com/sayh/xzkf.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice site!
    http://uwblgdtg.com/ugkk/pnid.html | http://qmjafzyt.com/kltj/egxf.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home