The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

CIT is FINISHED!

It is being blocked. I will put it on and get pictures of me wearing it when 1, it dries, and 2, the sun finally comes out here. It has been raining for 2 days and looks like it plans to spend the winter.

The picture makes the sweater look asymmetrical, it isn't it just has a bigger front than back so that the fronts overlap by 4 inches when it is laying flat, it is fine when I have it on.

I have almost finished 2 other sweaters which are gifts so once they are received I will post pictures.

And Chris's FLAK has one sleeve down to the ribbing, I need to finish that today.

The dyeing is on hold until some more dye arrives. But I think I will start spinning some of what is already done. I have a spindolyn with a bag with a waist belt. (Catherine used to sell them that way but doesn't now so I swapped with a lady on Spindlers and got one, and I now have 4 spindles. So I plan to sample some here and take the Spindolyn to Yellow Springs this Saturday, and work on it while looking at the displays. (the last several fiber fairs I have attended I only bought the Shetland that I needed for the dye experiment) But I like to go and visit with the people I know.

That is it for now but I should be getting more done now that Am Kamin is finished.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    It's beautiful. Pictures with it on you would be great.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohhh, that is lovely wet. I can't wait to see you modeling it. What is that yarn and the color? Looks like raspberry. Yum!

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's so beautiful. I can't wait to se a picture with you wearing it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home