The Fiber Artist

Wow, that sounds pretentious doesn't it. But it is the name of my company, so I decided to use it. This is where I will keep a record of works in progress in the hope that it will result in more productivity. It will also give me a place to ramble on about my life, so that maybe later I will remember what happened in ___ (fill in day, month, year of your choice).

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Packing for Midwest Masters


It is Wednesday and I am starting to pack for Midwest Masters. I wanted to wear the pants that I showed last time but the elastic had had it! So I have been trying to find where I closed the casing and there is such a thing as finishing too well. I finally (after digging out all of the yarns I had woven in) found the yarn that had been used to sew the casing, checked 6 times that it was the right one and cut it. Thankfully it was the right one and I was able to remove the old dead elastic and insert new stretchy elastic, the casing is now laced and tied in a bow. This will not happen again!
I have gotten Chris's FLAK 2nd sleeve picked up knit to the joining and started the round and round the sleeve for the 2nd time.

Master Dwayne's school sweater has it's first stripe and it is also being knit round and round the sleeve. It will have stripe on both sleeves and the chest. But it is mindless now decrease every 8 rows, place a pin in the decrease when the pins are gone, stop decreasing.

Then do the other sleeve the same way. I may pick it up and knit the stripe tonight so there is more mindless knitting for Thursday thru Monday.

I did this sleeve while listening to the pointy sticks blog and I need to download some more episodes and load them on the I-pod.

Miss Rayne's sweater has it's back finished and the fronts picked up, tonight while watching TV I will knit the fronts down to the armholes and pick up the sleeves and get them started.

And in among the things I need to do I keep sneaking in the Trip Trap. It is just so much fun. The back is almost finished.

This is going to be the fastest sweater for a adult I have ever finished it is just fun. I was afraid I would get bored 8 rectangles in and would never finish it. But I am not and it is just fun. There may be more modular knitting in my future.

Off to knit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home